Relish Lip-smacking German Beers at the Starkbierfest 2020
Germany is gearing up for one of the most anticipated Beer festivals – Starkbierfest 2020. This Beer-filled juggernaut of an event promises a wide array of lip-smacking beers.
The purity law of Germany ensures that every beer you try contains the best ingredients with zero adulteration. Primary ingredients include Yeast, malt, hops & water. The Spring season of Germany makes it a perfect time for Beer Enthusiasts & sybarites to relish quality beer.
In addition to that, you can take part in various events to celebrate the Bavarian Culture. So, apply for Germany visa & visit Germany for a memorable time with loved ones. Read on to know more about the exciting beer festival in Munich Germany.
History of Starkbierfest 2020
- Starkbierfest or strong beer festival is considered to be older than the popular Oktoberfest.
- The Starkbierfest started in the mid-1600s & was organized by Munich’s Paulaner monks.
- They made a beer beverage which would help them make it through the Lent Season or fasting season of 40 days.
- The monks named the beer “Salvator” & this variant of beer is still brewed by some locals who call it “Liquid Bread”
Highlights of Starkbierfest 2020
Here a few major highlights that might entice you to get a German Visa UK & take part in the strong beer festival 2020
An Array of Lip-smacking Strong Beers
Some of the must-try Beers in the Starkbierfest are –
- Salvator – Made by Paulaner Monks
- Maximator – Made by Augustiner
- Triumphator – Made by Löwenbräu
- Aviator – Made by Airbräu(Airport Brewery)
Most of the beers that are served for tasting have an alcohol percentage ranging from 7.5% to 9%. The wide range of beers served have great flavor & are 100% pure. Strong beers don’t necessarily mean a higher alcohol percentage. You can also find sweet, extra malt, dense flavors which are also termed as Strong beers.
The term Starkbieranstich generally means “beer tapping” or tapping the keg. Participants tap the Salvator strong beer while doing a musical roast of politicians. Local politicians are made fun of in giant beer halls by using dramatics & songs while having beer. It is a part of the age-old traditions of Starkbierfest.
The Venue & Dates of Starkbierfest 2020
The strong beer festival is held in many places by different breweries. However, the main venues of Starkbierfest 2020 are:
Paulaner Brewery at Nockherberg
- It is a preferred location for beer-lovers due to its legacy.
- This brewery created the first Starkbier.
- This brewery has been organizing the festival since 1870.
- The address is Hochstr. 77 & the dates are March 13th to April 5th
- Enjoy a plethora of games & have fun with loved ones at this venue.
- You can drink & dance to your heart’s content.
- An iconic event at Löwenbräukeller is giant stone lifting while drinking the Triumphator Beer.
- The address is Nymphenburger Str. 2. The festival will be held from Thursdays to Saturdays on the dates of 6th March – 28th March 2020. The celebrations will start from 6 pm onwards.
- This Brewery is the proud owner of the Maximator Beer. You can guess by the name that this beer is not for the faint-hearted.
- Augustine Keller is regarded as Munich’s Oldest Brewery.
- They organize the revelries in their very own storage cellar with live music.
- The address is Arnulfstr. 52 & The festival’s dates are from February 23rd to April 3rd
Apart from Starkbierfest 2020, you can also explore the scenic locations of Munich Germany. So, get a Germany visa & visit Germany with your friends or family for an unforgettable Beer Vacation.